- Running makes you feel good. Fitness, self-esteem, empowerment, and confidence all increase with exercise.
- Running is the most effective form of cardiovascular exercise. Thirty plus minutes a day, four days a week will yield an excellent level of fitness in the shortest possible period of time. Regular-moderate running may reduce the risk of many diseases.
- Running is the most accessible and affordable sport. No matter where you live, work, or travel, an excellent area for running is almost always nearby.
- Running is inexpensive and simple to learn. All you need is a good pair of running shoes, appropriate running clothing, and motivation to START running. Running is a natural and information on proper training is widely available through books, websites, magazines, etc.
- Running is the best way to reduce stress. Thirty plus minutes of running will work wonders in dissolving stress accumulated on the job or with your kids.
- Running is an excellent component to any weight control program. Few activities burn calories as quickly and effectively.
- Running is a flexible method of training. You can run at your own pace, with or without company, at whatever time of day best suits your schedule.
- Running offers a unique opportunity for recreational runners to mix with WORLD-CLASS athletes. On almost any given weekend, recreational runners can compete in racing events with the fastest people in the sport.
- Running is for families and individuals of all ages. There are running programs for kids, beginners, women-only races, masters programs for those over 40, and events for families. Set an example for your children and make running and a healthy lifestyle a family priority.
- Running puts you in a good company. Millions of people already run for health, fun, fitness, and competition. This includes US Presidents, governors, law makers, celebrities, CEO's, mothers, grandfathers, and many more. There are running clubs in almost every community in the country and if your town does not have a running club, the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) provides information to help you develop a club.
Information found on www.rrca.org
*Welcome to Team Trinity Running Club*